Rush University Medical Center Clinical Research Coordinator 1 - Rush Rheumatology in Chicago, Illinois
Job Title: Clinical Research Coordinator 1 - Rush Rheumatology
Full/Part: Active Regular FT (72 to 80 hours per pay period)
Job Number: 2018-3512
Rush University Medical Center, we are committed to advancing scientific medical knowledge through research. We are revitalizing our medical centers with an emphasis on productivity, transparency and accountability. Are you looking to be a part of the exciting, always evolving and expanding new developments in research here at Rush University Medical Center?
If this describes you, you may be the right candidate for the Clinical Research Coordinator 1 position in Rush Rheumatology
Position Responsibilities :
· Recruits, consents, screens, schedules, tracks and provides study updates to study participants throughout the conduct of the study.
• Collects and enters data into study case report forms and/or electronic data capture system and respond to queries in a timely manner.
• May submit or coordinate the submission of study related documents, study protocols and study protocol amendments to the IRB per policy and procedure
• Maintains accurate and complete procedural documentation including study participant and site level documentation in compliance with institutional, local, state and federal guidelines and regulations related to clinical research.
• May collect, process and ship potentially biohazardous specimens.
• Administers structured tests and questionnaires according to research study protocols. May utilize study-related technology and equipment as part of assessment procedures.
• Provide ongoing study status updates and responds to questions from PI, Administrator, Office of Research Affairs, Sponsor and Compliance throughout the conduct of the study
• Organize and participate in auditing and monitoring visits
• Gather and communicate unanticipated problems (protocol deviations, adverse events, and serious adverse events).
• Work with PI(s), sponsor, compliance, clinical staff and/or manager to identify and improve routine processes as it relates to the conduct of the research study
Required Position Qualifications :
· Bachelor’s degree required
· 2 years of research experience required
· Demonstrated knowledge of Good Clinical Practices and Good Documentation Practices
• Demonstrated knowledge of current NIH and/or FDA regulations and guidelines related to clinical research
• Ability to meet deadlines and help coordinate multiple aspects of the ongoing project
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
• Detail oriented with high attention to accuracy
• Ability to build rapport, navigate sensitive topics, and maintain confidentiality with a diverse pool of research participants and vendors
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to collaborate within multi-disciplinary team settings
• Availability to work evenings, overnight and weekends if called for under the study protocols
• Travel may be required
Preferred Position Qualifications :
· Bachelor’s degree in Sciences or health-related discipline preferred
· Prior participant contact experience preferred
Ranked among the top academic medical centers in the country, Rush University Medical Center is an outstanding place to enhance your career. Everything we do centers on one goal: improving patient care.
Rush's 14-story hospital Tower is the cornerstone of the Rush Transformation, and is the symbol of a philosophy-an evolution in the delivery of patient-centered care.
Rush offers a competitive salary, valuable healthy living benefits to include: health, dental and vision to help you maintain and improve your health. Rush also offers several ways to invest in your future. Whether you’re saving for retirement or a child’s education, Rush offers benefits to help you make the most of your money…now and in the future.
Rush is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics .